Monday 12 January 2015

Swarovski Ombre Necklace

This is probably one the ones I've been most excited to share out of the new things I've created over the holidays.  I bought a Swarovski mix containing various shapes in shades of red.  I played around with them on my design board and was inspired to create an ombre necklace.  I instantly began sketching, however the ombre effect on its own didn't seem enough.  I really wanted to catch the eye.  I began adding strands to add to the effect, but there was still something missing.  Going back to my mixed bag, I noticed the the different sizes and the idea of a 3D ombre came to me.


So using five sizes of Swarovski Xilion bicones in seven shades, threaded onto three strands of nylon, I created this visually stunning necklace.
I attached the strands to two filigree butterfly charms and finished with a black satin ribbon.
 It's long necklace so it fits right over your head, so no messing with clasps.
I'm really proud of this necklace, and it will be available to buy soon!

Come back tomorrow to see the earrings that go it!

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment